Malcolm has 17 years experience as a primary headteacher, leading his first school from satisfactory to outstanding, and maintaining this over 12 years, and his second from inadequate (LA judgement) to good within 3 years. Developing others to maximize their effectiveness whilst balancing the wellbeing and motivation of his teams and the overlap between personal and professional development have always been keen interests and areas of learning. Particular expertise and experience includes managing tight budgets and reorganizing school teams to maximize impact, and in directly coaching teachers and leaders to improve the quality of teaching and learning in classrooms.
- Taking his local unpopular underperforming primary school to outstanding and oversubscribed where every child fulfilled their potential
- Leading a school in very challenging circumstances judged as inadequate by the Local Authority to good in 3 years
- Working as school improvement advisor and consultant headteacher for a local authority with responsibility for school leadership across the authority
- Leading a highly successful collaboration of 26 primary schools as chair elected by his peers
- Mentoring and coaching headteachers, leaders and teachers to support their growing effectiveness across a number of schools throughout my career.
- Tackling the key issue of performance of pupil premium children through developing an effective whole school strategy
Book Malcolm Goddard
Want Malcolm Goddard to work with your school or organisation? Send us some details and we’ll be in touch.Enquire now
Be confident in your current position on your school improvement journey with a tried and tested self-evaluation process.
Get an extensive two day package aligned with the Teaching Schools Alliance, the model recommended by the DfE.
All your needs can be met by our team of highly skilled and knowledgeable consultants, who are former head teachers and inspectors, with a range of specialisms.