Following a successful 23-year teaching and leadership career in secondary schools across South Wales, Richard led a successful pilot project for Welsh Government on Primary MFL across Wales. He then became Assistant Director of Education in one of the most deprived LAs in the UK, leading on School Improvement and Inclusion, before joining the SLT of the new Regional Consortium in South-East Wales in 2012. Since then, he has worked as a Challenge Adviser across South Wales challenging schools to improve performance, and is currently part of the Welsh Government team accrediting HEIs as part of the major reforms in ITE in Wales.
- Considerable teaching, leadership and inspection experience in both the English and Welsh-medium sectors in Wales
- Successful experience of leading a major project for Welsh Government over 3 years, with 127 schools across Wales
- Considerable experience of strategic planning as Assistant Director of Education for the most economically disadvantaged Local Authority in the UK
- Successfully challenging individual schools to improve performance in both the primary and secondary sectors across the South Wales Regional Consortia
- Currently implementing key Welsh Government reforms for Initial Teacher Education across Higher Education Institutions throughout Wales
Book Richard Parsons
Want Richard Parsons to work with your school or organisation? Send us some details and we’ll be in touch.Enquire now
Be confident in your current position on your school improvement journey with a tried and tested self-evaluation process.
Ensure your curriculum provides appropriate skills and subject coverage, leading to successful outcomes for your pupils.