Yvonne has been involved in primary education for over 20 years. She has been a headteacher and executive headteacher in four schools over 14 years and has great insight into the particular demands of smaller and rural primary schools. Her main school was awarded outstanding status and she also led a successful teaching school bid. Alongside headship, Yvonne has gained considerable inspection skills, which have provided great insight into the expectations for primary schools. Yvonne now has her own consultancy and supports individual schools with their improvement work. Yvonne leads school reviews and helps schools prepare for inspection.
- Yvonne has a teaching background in both maintained and independent schools
- Local Leader of Education
- Mentoring new and aspiring headteachers through the NPQH
- Led an outstanding school through academy conversion and submitted a successful teaching school bid for the multi-academy trust
- Her doctoral thesis focused on the expectations of primary headteachers in the inspection process. This included gauging the views and experiences of over 750 headteachers across the UK
Book Yvonne Watts
Want Yvonne Watts to work with your school or organisation? Send us some details and we’ll be in touch.Enquire now
Be confident in your current position on your school improvement journey with a tried and tested self-evaluation process.
Ensure your curriculum provides appropriate skills and subject coverage, leading to successful outcomes for your pupils.